Pages

Jun 14, 2013

Easy, Healthy, and Versatile Crockpot Chicken Tacos

When cooking for my family, I have rules...very important rules.  Below is a list of these rules, in order of importance:
  • It must be easy to cook.
  • If it requires more than 30 minutes of work, I probably won't do it. 
  • It should be (mostly) healthy.
  • My family should like it.
And I must say, I am notorious for waiting until the last possible minute before deciding what we're going to eat.  Anything that can be made with frozen meat is always okay in my book!  

I found this recipe a few years ago, and it has become one of my OUR favorites.  I would share the original source, but I don't remember any more!  If you know where it came from, please let me know!


Ingredients:
  •  frozen chicken breasts
  • 1 16 oz. jar of your favorite salsa
  • 1 packet of taco seasoning
  • that's it...nothing more...I promise
Directions:
  • Place the chicken breasts (as many as you want) in a crock pot.  I generally allow 1 breast per adult, but there are always plenty of leftovers.
  • In a separate bowl, mix together the taco seasoning and salsa until blended.
  • Pour salsa mixture over the chicken and cover tightly.

  • Cook on low for 3 hours or so (I've never tried it on high for a shorter cooking time, but I bet it would work, too.)




  • Pull each breast out and shred it with a fork.
 
That's it.  You're done!!! **

You will find that there is quite a bit of sauce left in the crock pot.  You can pour this over the shredded chicken before serving or pour it in a bowl and use as a sauce on the side.

Our favorite way to serve is on fresh flour tortillas.  But the possibilities are practically endless:  nachos, enchiladas, sandwiches, salads, pitas, etc.  You can't go wrong with this recipe!

**Blogger's Note:  My family sat down to eat before I could take a picture of the finished product.  By the time I grabbed my camera, half of it was gone.   See?  Told ya' they love it!





1 comment:

  1. Thank you 😊 The foreign visitors need to apply for Turkey Visa Online application online that offers the fast visa services. It offers the tourist visa with a single or multiple entry and valid for 180 days from the date of issue.

    ReplyDelete